6.09.2007

FOOA Mini Recap

After receiving free tickets to the Future of Online Advertising Conference (FOOA), held this week in NYC, I attended the event yesterday afternoon. I was only able to sneak away from work for enough time to catch a couple speakers, but I did get to see Jay Adelson of Digg and Darren Rowse of ProBlogger. Both guys had interesting topics on online advertising and how bloggers and advertisers can work together. The main points I took away were that advertising in online videos is moving towards sponsorships, a lot like how brands used to sponsor television in its infancy. Darren also made great points of how advertisers can work with bloggers in much greater regards than just posting a banner ad on a blog. You can read Darren's recap here.

I wish I would have been able to see more speakers, but what's a poor creative to do? Hopefully next year I can catch more advertising chatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment