11.05.2007

Some People are Getting Married on Ugly Betty

Just to prove that advertising has no morals at all and has completely stepped over all of the lines, wedding announcement spoofs have started to further deteriorate the sanctity of marriage. Here is one for Ugly Betty. The announcement/ad announces the upcoming wedding of two of the shows characters and promptly directs the readers to abc.com. I like the creative initiative to place an ad somewhere semi-original, but I think in a way it also mocks the people who are really getting married and announcing their big day. I bet it feels real good to open up the NY Times to see you and your fiance happy as ever and find you sitting right next to a sitcom ad.

via

1 comment:

  1. maybe your taking this a little too seruiously, consider the following...

    * if someone's really happy to get married they shouldn't care what's next to their anouncement

    * isn't the anouncemnent advertising too "LOOK AT ME!! I'M IN LOVE/ LUST / PREGNANT/ DOING WHAT'S EXPECTED OF ME/ SETTLING FOR THIS GUY BECAUSE I DONT THINK I'LL DO BETTER ect, ect, ect"

    * I'm not even going to start on the whwther marraige is the hallowed ground you seem to imply it is.

    ReplyDelete