How O.A.R. Ended Up with My Girlfriend's Purse

Saturday I was lucky enough to get my hands on a couple VIP tickets to the O.A.R. concert at Madison Square Garden. So, that night my girlfriend and I headed to The Garden. From the moment we got there, it was craziness. There were teenagers being arrested for underage drinking, girls puking in corners, one girl had passed out and was literally being drug along by security; I guess your typical concert scene, but even I thought it was a little insane.

After a few free drinks in the VIP area backstage, we found our seats and the show started. It was an amazing performance. The place was sold out, and O.A.R. sounded just as good live as they do on their albums.

After the show, we headed to the band's after party. The spot was a cool loft space with another open bar (my favorite). When we got there, my girlfriend started chatting up this guy. She said, "I know you
. You were in 10 Things I Hate About You."

"Yes I was." he said. The guy was Andrew Keegan. My girlfriend chatted him for a bit more and then we got this picture with him. He was a really nice, down to earth guy. A little later, the band showed up and we were introduced to them as well. Also great guys. After some more drinks and some more dancing, we decided to call it a successful night and head home. Little did we know our night was just beginning.

We jumped in a cab and headed to Brooklyn. After getting across the bridge, I realized I only had a few dollars in cash, so I asked my girlfriend for some dough. It was then that she realized she didn't have her purse. She must had left it at the after party. Cell phone, camera, iPod, everything gone. So, I threw a fiver ($5) at the cab driver to cover the $20 fare and ran away. I tried calling my girlfriend's phone, hoping whomever had it would answer and we could get her stuff back. No such luck.

The next morning we woke up feeling badly about her loss. We had a moment of silence for her iPod, called to notify the bank of the death of their debit card and tried to remember the good times we had with her camera. After that, I checked my phone and was surprised to see that I had missed calls from her phone earlier that morning. Someone must have her phone! So, I called it back and sure enough, a guy answers and tells me he has her purse and everything. It was left at the party he threw the night before. He remembers meeting us. He's one of the members of O.A.R. Craziness. So, we head to his apartment and get back her purse. Everything is in it, all is right in the world again and we have a crazy story to tell. Good night, good night. Moral of the story: I definitely recommend taking any free tickets that are thrown your way. You never know where they will lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment